Are very “hands on”
Ask a lot of questions
Believe words like honesty, integrity, & trust are important
Have a passion for excellence
Like to have fun
Love solving problems
Live to learn & continually improve
Care more about your intelligence & values than your experience
Do whatever it takes to service our customers and our teams
Enjoy helping others
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for all daily operations in the most cost effective and customer satisfying manner by leading and coaching a high performance team. The Operations Supervisor will coordinate and professionally supervise the materials operation, oversee inventory counts to assure correct inventory is available to fulfill the line requirements, have an understanding of Big Box processes and flow, assure FIFO process is utilized, maintain quality performance objectives and assist in cost control programs. Potential candidate must be well versed in safety and compliance issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Provide effective training to employees in proper material handling and work methods, and monitor employee productivity and quality of work in their assigned area.
- Remain current with part changes and operating procedures within assigned area.
- Assist in managing inventory levels to prevent gains and losses and aid in disposition of obsolete materials.
- Maintain an effective operation that minimizes cost and ensures optimal space utilization.
- Plan and schedule all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, maintenance, administrative activities, and human resources to ensure customer and company requirements are met.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding warehouse operations. Must ensure accurate billing and invoicing is compliant with company standards.
- Communicate with customers and maintain a close relationship to ensure goals are being met.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. A minimum of 2-5 years supervisory experience in a warehouse, distribution, operations or service-related environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be computer proficient
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must possess intermediate math skills, ability to compute ratios and percentages, and draw and interpret graphs.
EOE, DFW, MFVD.