Are very “hands on”
Ask a lot of questions
Believe words like honesty, integrity, & trust are important
Have a passion for excellence
Like to have fun
Love solving problems
Live to learn & continually improve
Care more about your intelligence & values than your experience
Do whatever it takes to service our customers and our teams
Enjoy helping others
We are currently seeking a Freight Broker. This position will be located in our Augusta location, but will be for our Augusta and Savannah markets. This person will be responsible for all third party freight with goal of coordinating transportation of company product to customers at the lowest cost. This person will be responsible for sourcing new carriers, obtaining competitive quotes, negotiating rates, awarding business, monitoring performance, communicating status, resolving issues, approving invoices and reporting performance levels.
- Responsible for soliciting business from existing customers as well as identifying opportunities for potential new business development.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and carriers to meet with the customer’s goals and requirements.
- Expected to assist in the growth of revenue and margin through effective communication, relationship building and negotiating the buying/selling of transportation.
- Responsible for training of new employees as well as the growth and development of designated Freight Broker’s through the use of relevant key performance indicators.
- Responsible for capacity procurement, pricing shipments, tracking shipments, resolving discrepancies, coordinating pick-up and delivery schedules, rate negotiations with vendors
- Make clear communication of service expectations.
- Regularly and accurately make timely entries into operating system to track shipments, solicit truck loads, coordinate pickup and delivery schedule, resolve issues.
- Consistently follow-up to ensure that the loads are moving according to the schedule and the expectations of the customer.
- Verify carrier safety and other qualifications according to company policy.
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in a similar role with freight broker or company
- Must possess strong negotiating skills
- Must be familiar with broker regulations, carrier management and brokerage operations.
- Must possess experience in recording shipment details, arranging pick-ups and deliveries, determining shipping rates and handling customer service questions and complaints.
EOE, DFW, MFVD.